Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just thinking

Sometimes when I least expect it, I find myself thinking about where I am in my life. Did I expect to be right here at this moment? Am I doing what I am meant to do and I where I should be. However the last two months have taught me alot about myself. This year at work it has been the hardest year I have had with this group of second graders. I love what I do however this group makes it so tough at times. I sometimes feel that they don't want to learn, they don't want to be there... I also am finding out that there is way too much pressure placed on these little people. I think we all need to be accountable but it should be more than just a student’s test score. Some students don't test well. I didn't test well when I was in school. I was once told I would never graduate high school and if I did that college would be too hard for me. Hmmm I have an Associate’s Degree and Bachelors and now masters... So take that to all those who said I could not do it.  Never tell someone that they can’t do something, because it is something that they will remember and maybe they will not achieve that goal but who are we to say you can’t do something. As a teacher my job is to teach and encourage my students to be the best that they can be. I am a dream maker not a dream killer…I am 38 years old and I remember different teachers for different things they said or did or taught me. However I remember the one who told that I would never graduate. I am however lucky that I had more wonderful teachers who believed in me even when I didn’t believe in myself my family and friends are also always there for me. However over the years friends have come and gone, relationships change and when you need them you find out who your real friends are. So life isn’t what I thought it would be for me when I was a little girl it’s a lot harder than I thought it would be but yet at the same time I have perfect moments that make everything that has happened worthwhile….


No comments:

Post a Comment